Parts Frequently Asked Questions
1) If a part on my vehicle needs to be replaced, what are my options?
- If you are driving a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram vehicle, contact Bustard Chrysler directly and we can order your new part. If you drive an off make vehicle, contact the manufacturer directly. Factory parts are built by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to the same specifications as your existing parts. New OEM components tend to be the most expensive option, however they ultimately provide the best fit, durability, and overall quality. If you are thinking of reselling your vehicle, documentation of repairs using factory parts will increase your vehicle's resale value.
- Many online Parts dealers and shops across the country sell new aftermarket parts. These parts are usually exact replicas of OEM parts, but are built by companies not associated with the manufacturer. Though you can save money by purchasing aftermarket parts, there parts tend to be of poorer quality, fit, and finish. If fit/quality are less important and you face budgetary constraints, aftermarket parts can be a great way to get a car back up to speed. Also, some aftermarket companies produce parts that are of exceptional quality so if you do your research this might be the perfect option for you!
- It is possible to find a used factory or aftermarket part at a salvage yard, or obtain one from a private seller. This is a great way to save money and obtain an OEM part that is manufactured for your particular vehicle. However, be cautious when purchasing used parts and be sure to carefully inspect them, as they are highly variable in their quality and usability, and may be slightly worn or damaged.
2) How do I know which part replacement option is best for me?
When deciding which part replacement option is best for you, be sure to do your research. Check with your dealer, owners of similar vehicles, and of course the Internet in order to determine which option makes the most sense. Online testimonials are a great way to find out how aftermarket parts stack up again OEM parts. When searching for a used part, learn what the common defects are for that particular part before purchasing it. Depending on how long ago you purchased your vehicle, bear in mind that purchasing non-OEM parts may void your factory warranty. For more details, be sure to contact the Parts department here at Bustard Chrysler in Waterloo
3)How do I go about locating parts?
OEM and aftermarket parts are available from many suppliers for a variety of vehicles. Consult your local parts specialist to find out if the parts you are looking for are available. Some dealers have unused factory parts, however these may be priced higher especially if they are out of production. Please consult the Parts Department at Bustard Chrysler in Waterloo for further information.
4) Where can I find accessories for my vehicle?
Similar to replacement parts, some add-on accessories are factory authorized while others are produced aftermarket. Depending on how popular a vehicle is, you may be able to add many accessories to it. Body kits, interior pieces, engine enhancements, electronics, wheels, tires and exhaust systems are used to customize vehicles. As with non-OEM parts, non-OEM accessories may void your warranty. For more information, please consult the Parts Department at Bustard Chrysler in Waterloo.
Order A Part Online
Bustard Chrysler Waterloo is located in Waterloo, Ontario and also serves Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph, Brantford, Hamilton, Elmira, Milton, Burlington, St. Catharines and all of Southwestern Ontario.