2022 Chrysler Pacifica Features and Specs
The 2022 Chrysler Pacifica is a practical, comfortable and elegant car that covers all the bases for family transportation. Pricing is reasonable, it comes with a solid V-6 or the hybrid plug-in powertrain, and you can choose the all-wheel-drive to add that extra layer of safety.
Let’s take a closer look at this excellent family vehicle.
All the gas-powered Pacifica models come equipped with the same drive-train. The 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine is fitted with Stop-Start technology and coupled with a nine-speed automatic gearbox. They come with either two-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
The models available are:
- Touring, coming in at around $50,095
- Touring L comes in at approximately $52,500
- Limited: starting at $56,750
- Pinnacle: starting at $54,692
The Pacifica Hybrid models are equipped with a 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 Hybrid that has been paired with the eFlite Electrically Variable Transmission.
New for 2022 is a visual message for Max Regeneration that will show on the cluster display. The vehicles are fitted with a regenerative braking system that takes the kinetic energy used to apply the brakes and sends that energy to charge the battery.
Pricing on these variants is:
- Touring L Hybrid is priced at $54,995
- Limited Hybrid comes in at $57,995
- Pinnacle Hybrid is $59,995
The Pacifica comes in a wide range of beautiful colours. At the pale end of the spectrum is Bright White. Then the colour scheme turns darker with elegant colours such as Ceramic Grey, Granite Crystal Metallic, Fathom Blue, Velvet Red Pearl, and the ever-popular Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl. New for 2022 is Silver Mist.
The interior of the Pacifica retains its family-friendly configuration with lots of storage and easy-to-clean fabrics.
Some new features for 2022 are:
- An upgraded air filtration system
- The entry-level Touring series gains Cold Weather features, such as heated front seats and heated steering wheel, as well as power-assisted sliding doors and a power-assisted tailgate.
- The Touring L gains the Safety Sphere Group of enhancements.
- The Limited gets the world-class Harmon Kardon radio system.
- The Pinnacle gets the Trailer Tow Group for the gas-powered models.
- Amazon Fire TV, integrated into the Uconnect 5 and Uconnect Theatre system, is added to the Pacifica range through a 4G wifi hotspot in the vehicle. Passengers can watch in the rear seats, and the driver can watch when the gear selection is in park.
The Pacifica has refined driving manners and is a pleasure to drive on interstates or when shuttling the kids to hockey or baseball. This vehicle is designed to effortlessly carry the family with all their luggage to any destination and still allow mum and dad to arrive relaxed, calm, and collected.
Many brands push their SUVs and crossovers as family vehicles, but the Chrysler Pacifica minivan is a practical, safe, reliable alternative.